Thursday, December 31, 2009

Crack Powerpoint (or any other MS office file) Password!

Hi,

This is yet another of my success story. Recently one of my client throw me a Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt) file and asked me to crack it. I love when my clients throw me challenges!

I know that it is of course possible because previously I had crack a Microsoft Excel. But too bad I did not blog about it and now I even forgot how I did that hack. That is the reason why I am blogging now regarding this Powerpoint hack, I know I will forget soon, so better note it in blog rather than diary as it would benefit others as well.

My game started like this, I googled, googled, and googled for whole day and found only 1 software with the name of "Office Password Recovery Magic" which I got it with serial number so it was full-ware. But sad that the software was using "Brute-force Attack" as default if you know what I mean, it is something like the software will try inserting all possible characters and it will take hell a lot of time. Guess what? I run the software over-night on my server machine. Even after 1 day also could not hack it.

As you might know, I hate waiting, so once again, back to googling. This time I found "Advanced Office Password Recovery Professional (AOPRP)." It is a recommended tool for hacking MS Office files. I tried looking for the cracked version of it but did not find any. I did download some different version and unable to crack the software as version conflict. Finally I found the bundle pack which was nearly 66MB. Bundle pack consist of all Elcomsoft's software with the serial numbers.

I downloaded the bundle, installed only "Advanced Office Password Recovery 4.11 Professional". I used the given serial and the software was cracked. I run the software and opened the Powerpoint file. Take note that I install the software on my laptop as well as server. I run the software from the server as I doubt it would take another 1 or 2 days to complete the hacking of the Powerpoint through Brute-force attack.

AOPRP's default attack mode is dictionary. I proceed the attack and within less than 1 second, it showed me the password! Seriously! It took just 1 second? Hell, how dumb I was for running the previous software over-night?

See the attached screenshot: (password showed in just 1 second? Gosh, hackers are smarter)



If you drop to this blog while you are looking for software to hack and I am glad to share with you my knowledge and the software, download this:
http://reganrajan.com/useruploads/files/Advanced_Office_Password_Recovery_4.11_Professional.zip (serial number included)

If in case your file password is not dictionary password, then try the brute-force attack and give it some time.

Bottom line, as moral of the story; always use 14 digit above password and remember to include numbers and symbols when you want to protect your file. Example password: reganrajan*87#smart. This password would at least take 2 to 3 days to be hacked on brute-force attack (depend on your CPU speed as well). Only the person who is sincere to hack your file would wait until 3 days, duh!

Have fun kids! Ops, have funs guys!

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

it doesn't work..

Regan Rajan said...

Like I said, there is many ways of attacking the password. If Dictionary attack doesn't work for your file, turn on the Brutal-Force attack. But it would take extremely longer time to crack the file. It might take few days to hack a complicated password. Password are not stored in the file itself. So if you were thinking its easy for crack-software to extract the password from the file, then you are wrong. Only the encrypted-password is stored and it cannot be reversed. So crack software like this would try to match the encrypted-password by trying all possibilities. Good luck again and be patient if you are sincere about cracking the file.

Anonymous said...

You know of anything in the market that can open at least a 24 character open the file password for both Excel and Powerpoint?

Regan Rajan said...

Not really. I haven't come across such complicated cracking.

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the most important information for me.
And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The website style is ideal, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers
My page: ms powerpoint Recovery

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rajan. I'm able to get the password using AOPR. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rajan. It worked for me :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rajan for the software its really very good, helped me lot

Anonymous said...

This article helped me! I recovered a 4 years old password which I totally forgot. Thank you very much and best of luck!!!

Anonymous said...

big Like!

Anonymous said...

Got here after wasting two hours trying to find a tool that could remove the readonly limitation of an old powerpoint file. It didn't even take a second for the tool you recommended to find the rather untrivial password (Entr0p!a). THANK YOU for this post!

Anonymous said...

I really needed that help! I wasn't expect such a quick and total solution. Unlocked and revealed password. Almost unbelievable. Thanks.

Joseph said...

Thanks Rajan, it works !

Jerald Arockiasamy said...

Cool... Thanks Dude..

Unknown said...

It really worked, dude! Thanks a lot! :)

NewtonC said...

It worked perfectly. Less than 1 second. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Dude, i tried the software but i showing that the file was corrupted.

Regan Rajan said...

Hi Sunil, after you complain its corrupted. I tried downloading the Zip, run the Setup.exe in it, and finally launched the software. It works smooth for me. I didnt face any 'corrupted' error message. For your info, I am using Windows 7. What I can assume is that your download maybe corrupted due to internet connection issues. Thus, try downloading and install it again. But this time, make sure your internet is smooth and if you got any Antivirus, try shutting them off for 5 minutes because some AV hates cracked software and they will block it purposely to avoid you installing cracked softwares. Rest assured, the file is still working as I tried myself personally. I have send you the screenshot of the software to your Google Plus through Message/Chat.

Unknown said...

I have used the given tool to recover the password of power point but it was unable to recover the password so i used microsoft office password recovery and found that the password recovered successfully.

Anonymous said...

Golden! Thank-you. Worked like a charm and literally took maybe 2 seconds.

Anonymous said...

It took less than 2 seconds for me. Hooray.

Sean said...

Thanks Rajan!!! Worked like a charm!

Prem said...

Thanks Regan, It worked for me.
Do you know how this software works? if it is a dictionary based tool how they made this much fast, that's my doubt .

SAM Tech said...

Thanks a lot
It worked for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi I have a problem with a readonly pptx.
Can you help me?
Thank you

Anonymous said...

Thank Rajan
It works Well
Jagath

Unknown said...

hi thast very good .thank youy very muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot,
I have reveal my password, which files are saved long ago.
Thanks,
CK

Anonymous said...

Thanks buddy, it worked

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Dear.

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Mr.Ranjan
It helped me a lot.

santhanam said...

Dear Mr.Rajan
Thank you very much. I have succeeded in my attempt in cracking my PPT password created by me a couple of years back.
With kind regards
J.Santhanakrishnan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Awesome It's works...........

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rajan. I'm able to get the password

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot rajan ... It worked..

Anonymous said...

i hope it has no virus

Nipam said...

Thanks a lot Ranjan.
U r genius...
We proud as are Indian.

Thanks....

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ranjan

Anonymous said...

Thanks rajan! It works for me