Monday, January 18, 2010

Aayirathil Oruvan - 2010



I watched this movie this cinema today after seeing the trailer yesterday night. I booked the ticket after watching the trailer and "Trailer Launch Video" which stars like Surya, Kamal Haasan, Parthiban, KS Ravikumar and others had comment the trailer.

It had pull my interest to spend my money and time on this movie. It is totally worth it! I enjoyed the movie as it is presented for "grown-ups" only because it contain adult language.

I do not want to tell you the story because I do not wish to break the suspense. If you haven't watch the movie, I suggest you should because I consider the movie as one of "must watch movie" for 2010!

The first-half of the story was full of comedy while second half of it was dragging me back in history and I went so blur. I am saying blur because the language that they used in the second-half is totally super-classical Tamil until I do not understand it. It is Tamil but I don't understand it. Kinda embarrassing to say that but hey, trust me, at least I understood 20% to 30% but there was people who did not understand at all! Because only I laughed most for the jokes mentioned in the classic-Tamil.

It might look rude for some people but it is a grown-ups movie and no problem with the movie. I enjoyed the "Oh Eesa." The camera and scenes was visuallized for fake as it has no relation with the movie. Especially showing the "Shivan" lord picture in the song was absolutely ridiculous! But do not bother much about the song as it is intended to treat you and cool off your mood from seriousness. Reema Sen was shown with full glamour and she really smokes me away!

The scene that I enjoyed most in the first-half is where Karthi would get on top of Reema and freeze seeing Reema's boobs and Reema will ask "semme kette ille?" Then Andrea gives the look of Jesus and it is damn funny! The following scene of the girls scolding each other using rude english as shown in the trailer was great as well!
Reema: You shut up, you b*tch
Andrea: Who are you calling b*tch. You are the biggest f*cking b*tch I ever seen
Reema: Yea rite, at least I am not romancing as some back here
Andrea: Yea rite, you rather let him have a peek at your b**bs
Reema: Shut up you b*tch otherwise I will blow your f*cking brains off
Karthi: ~Stand blur~enjoy cat-fight!


On the second-half, I enjoyed the scene of climax which they showed the mixture/clash of classic warriors (sword) with the modern soldier (gun). It was realistic whereas they win the gun fight and lose-out the boom fight. In that moment, Parthiban will as (in Tamil); "What kind weapon attack is this, you never warn me about it, you worried that we will be scared? Hahahaha". Wonderful script.

Although the movie is totally out of logic and such, but it is what we can expect from Adventure movie and well shown in the movie. Overall, they done a great job. The visual computer graphic was poor but at certain parts, they used the graphic very well, such as the snake scene, the graphic was rich for the scene. I guess the producer was not interested to spend much on graphics.

The movie also has been an issue on budget since the movie was proposed for 6 Crores but the movie had whopped to 30+ Crores and no wonder they finished the movie in little rush and the ending of the story was incomplete but did meet the purpose. Some in the cinema complain and argue that the ending is ridiculous and they can't understand it. But I think, it is a grown-ups movie and you need extra brain to understand it. If they had put attention to the movie and story line that the director had proposed, they would have understand the ending and that is what the story is all about. If you also watched the movie and do not understand the ending, just buzz me and I would tell you why the ending is like that and how does it makes a good sense for the movie.

One thing disappointed me is the use of "Shivan" lord in the trailer without any reason. That is kinda lame. The trailer actually made me to expect the Lord Shivan to appear at the end and safe the people. But no such thing happen and I was so blur. They used the Lord picture in the trailer without any reason. The trailer can be claimed misleading for showing Lord Shivan picture.

Take a look at this trailer
(which really made me book the ticket)


Rating:9/10 (could have been 'best' if graphic was emphasized with real-good-ending)
Class: Adventure
Mood: Thrill

Catchy Conclusions; classic, legend, history, archeologist, early 19th century

No comments: