Friday, January 1, 2010

Vettaikaran - 2009



The movie released near to Christmas 2009 and many Vijay fans was excited about it. I was not interested to watch Vijay's movie as his previous movie was a total turn-off for me. But some how, my friends (Vijay's fans) managed to influence me to watch the movie.

I end up watching the movie alone (my style, alone the better) 2 days before Christmas. I get out of the hall with just disappointed. I am not concluding that the movie was bad, but just that my have set my expectation higher and they failed me.

I prefer commercial Tamil movie to fulfill all aspects such as; family-touch, friendship, comedy, action, expenditure/spending, music, and famous-characters. The movie has all that but limited on certain things such as family-touch and comedy.

When I see his acting on the screen, I don't feel like I am being in the scene because his acting makes me feel that the camera exist in-between and Vijay is much interested on the camera itself. In plain, you can say this as "over-acting" whereas the actor is doing such thing merely for the camera and not because he is in the character.

Lets go to the bright side of the movie; famous-characters like Vijay and Anushka; good expenditure on the setups; and nice to listen songs. The dance of the songs was still not up to my expectation. Anushka was not utilized on the screen as she given not much of script to make me admire her. I only enjoyed her glamour-exposure rather than admire her character in the movie.

The only reason for the movie to be extremely rated high is; Sun Pictures!

They are bad. They own large entertainment network and therefore they advertised the movie pretty well, from TV Channels to Movie Magazines rating the movie as number 1 and making people fooled-out when word-of-mouth is weak. They rounded the movie as best in everything although the story plot itself was an average. Its again a young man want to be police but end up doing rowdyism to survive and protect others. Where is the "Niche" or unique-touch of the story be remain unique in your mind?

Rating:6/10 (could have been far better if story was unique)
Class: Action
Mood: Boring

Catchy Conclusions; police-ambition, rowdyism in town, become rowdy, protect others

No comments: